Answers to our most frequent customer enquiries.
Luggage and lost property
- Who do I contact for lost property?
- If you’ve forgotten something on board, please visit www.skybus.co.nz/lostproperty and complete the Lost Property Form. We will be in contact with you within 24 hours Monday – Friday. Lost property is held for 90 days. If the property is labelled we will endeavour to contact the owner.
- Are there luggage restrictions?
- Each passenger is entitled to board with two large bags and one carry-on. There are no weight restrictions on these items.
- Oversized luggage such as surfboards, ski bags and bikes are subject to space availability. Bikes must be packed in a bike bag or travel pack.
- SkyBus will accept strollers/pushchairs however these must be folded away and stored in the luggage racks during travel. Fully assembled unsecured prams are not permitted.
- Is SkyBus easy to access by wheelchair?
- The SkyBus fleet has kneel suspension and boarding ramps to allow easy access for wheelchair users. Every bus has a designated space where wheelchairs can be safely secured.
- Do you allow special assistance dogs on SkyBus?
- SkyBus welcomes aboard passengers accompanied by service dogs or disability assistance dogs.
- Where can I purchase tickets from?
- Tickets can be purchased online, from our city SkyBus Lounge, from ticket kiosks located at the Domestic and International Terminals, and from selected agents.
- Are AT HOP CARDS accepted?
- You can use your AT HOP Card to purchase adult ($18) and child ($6) one way fares. Note: Standard AT HOP discounts applied to single trip fares and concessions do not apply on SkyBus services. Please refer to www.at.govt.nz/athop for conditions.
- Can I pay by credit/debit card?
- On-board the bus only cash sales are accepted. However tickets can be purchased with a Credit Card or Debit Card online, from Ticket Kiosks or from our Agents.
- Do Return tickets have an expiry date?
- Return tickets purchased from ticket kiosks and online are valid for three months from the date of purchase. Return tickets purchased from Bus Drivers or Agents are valid for one month from the date of issue (tickets expire on the equivalent calendar date in the following month).
- Can I get a refund on my Return Ticket?
- Please consider your travel plans carefully when purchasing a Return Ticket as partial refunds are not available for activated tickets.
- I missed my flight!
- SkyBus does not accept liability for costs associated to missed flights due to delays caused by events outside of our control (traffic delays, accidents, detours etc). It’s advised passengers allow sufficient travel time (at least 1 hour) to meet check-in requirements and consider travel insurance for such unplanned events.
- Who is eligible for Airport Staff fares?
- Airport Staff Fares are available for employees whose permanent workplace is located at Auckland Airport. To access staff fares you will need to carry an authorised ‘Airport ID’ or ‘SkyBus Staff ID’. For details on eligibility and how to apply for a pass please read our Airport staff fare policy (PDF).
- Do you offer discounts for Frequent Travellers?
- Yes. We offer discounts on our 10 trip Multi-Ride passes available online. Alternatively, many organisations opt for our Prepaid Ticket books for additional savings and convenience. Find out more on our Business travellers page
Route & bus stop info
- How long is the trip?
- Transfers take approximately 40-50 minutes from the Airport to the CBD. Times may vary according to traffic conditions and unplanned events. Please allow at least 1 hour travel time to meet your check-in requirements.
- How long does the bus stop for?
- SkyBus will only stop if hailed by a passenger (wave). Buses stop just long enough to collect the waiting passengers.
- What airport Terminals does SkyBus stop at?
- SkyBus stops at both the Auckland Domestic and Auckland International Terminals. Services to International Airport operate 24 hours a day. Services to Domestic operate until the final flight lands. For a drop off at Domestic Terminal after 10pm please advise your Driver.
- How do I catch a bus along Mt Eden Road or Dominion Road?
- SkyBus will pick up from selected bus stops along Mt Eden Rd or Dominion Rd on request, please refer to our Find a Stop page to locate your nearest stop. To catch the bus on these routes, wait at your nearest bus stop and clearly signal the driver on approach. The last stop available on these routes is:
- #8532 – Three Kings School on Mount Eden Rd, Three Kings
- #8428 – 1248 Dominion Road, Mt Roskill
- Does SkyBus go to the North Shore?
- No, however you may catch SkyBus from Auckland airport to Auckland city then transfer to our connecting shuttle service onto stop 7018 on Customs St East (opposite Fort Lane), close to the Britomart Transport Centre and downtown Ferry terminal. Here you can easily transfer to the Northern Express bus service for onward travel.
- Does SkyBus go through Newmarket?
- No, however you may catch SkyBus from Auckland airport to Auckland city then transfer to our connecting shuttle service onto stop 7018 on Customs St East (opposite Fort Lane), close to the Britomart Transport Centre and downtown Ferry terminal. Here you can easily catch a train or bus into Newmarket. We can also stop at a bus stop located next to Mt Eden Train Station which connects to Newmarket. For this option take SkyBus - Route #01 (via Mt. Eden Road) and ask your Driver for this stop.
- Can I become an Agent for SkyBus?
- SkyBus has a network of Reseller Agents from the accommodation, transport and travel agent industry. For more information on becoming an Agent please contact: email@example.com
Advertising with SkyBus
- Can I advertise on SkyBus?
- If you are interested in advertising on SkyBus please contact our media partners Go Media (03) 365 2292 or visit their website www.gomedia.co.nz