Ticket terms and information
General fare information
- Prices are quoted in New Zealand dollars.
- Fares listed on the website are current as at June 2016.
- Child fares apply to those aged 5–15 years. Drivers are entitled to request proof of age if uncertain.
- The buses are equipped with internal luggage racks where bags can be safely stored.
- All buses have wheelchair access.
AT HOP Cards
- AT HOP Cards are accepted for adult ($18) and child ($6) one way fares.
- Online discount does not apply for AT HOP purchases.
- Note: Discounts normally offered for single trip fares and concessions do not apply on SkyBus services. Please refer to www.at.govt.nz/athop for conditions.
Validity period: Paper tickets from drivers, kiosks & agents
- One Ways are valid on day of purchase.
- Returns are valid for one month from the day of purchase (tickets expire on the equivalent calendar day on the following month).
Validity period: Online tickets
- Online tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase and valid in either direction.
- Family fares apply to 2 adults and up to 3 children (child aged 5–15 years).
- All family members travel on one ticket and therefore must board the same bus service.
- Free travel for children only applies when accompanied by adults on a Family ticket.
Multiride – 10 trip tickets
- Multiride passes are only available for purchase online.
- Multiride passes are valid for 18 months from the date of purchase. A single ticket will be issued, valid for ten journeys.
- Tickets are non-transferrable and must be used on separate trips.
- Oversized luggage items (i.e. surfboards, ski bags and bikes) are subject to space availability.
- Bikes must be packed in a bike bag or travel pack.
- SkyBus is happy to carry strollers/pushchairs on board, however these items must be folded away and stored in the luggage racks during travel. Fully assembled unsecured prams are not permitted.
Corporate & frequent flyers
- For added convenience and savings SkyBus offers prepaid ticket books for business with frequent flyers. For more information please visit our Corporate page.
SkyBus Standard Ticketing Conditions