The SkyBus App
Plan, buy and travel faster with the official SkyBus App for iPhone and Android.
Make it your own
The SkyBus App introduces user accounts to make your SkyBus journey even easier.
Create an account and enjoy faster purchasing, exclusive offers and access to your tickets from any device.
Our walk through will get you started fast and help you personalise your device with the features you like.
Find your nearest SkyBus stop using your location, landmark or address. View your journey in the app or open directions to each stop in your preferred maps app.
View upcoming departures as well as timetables for your chosen day and time of travel. See estimated journey times for your trip.
Quick access to all your tickets – your e-ticket is sent instantly to the SkyBus ticket wallet. No more searching through emails or holding onto paper tickets.
Live tickets let you view the status of your ticket including the number of trips remaining for multi-use tickets.
Access your tickets when offline.
- Do I need to pay for the SkyBus app?
- The SkyBus app is free to download, only ticket purchases require a payment.
- Do I need to create an account to use the SkyBus app?
- It is not mandatory to create an account to use the SkyBus app, you may simply skip the account setup steps. Creating an account will provide benefits including loyalty offerings, access to SkyBus tickets from any device and a faster check out when purchasing SkyBus tickets.
- Do I need an internet connection to use the SkyBus app?
- An internet connection is required for certain features including sign in (if logged out), buy tickets, find your stop using your location, map directions and for synching updates to the app.
However purchased tickets can be viewed without internet connectivity, as can timetables and stop locations.
- Is the SkyBus app only for New Zealand?
- The SkyBus app is available globally and provides access to all SkyBus services across Australia and New Zealand.
- How will I get my ticket if I buy in the app?
- The SkyBus app contains a ticket wallet for storing your app purchased tickets. Upon purchase your ticket/s will be automatically sent to your ticket wallet. When you are ready to catch your SkyBus journey simply open the ticket wallet, click on your ticket and it will display nice and bright, ready to be scanned by our team.
You will not receive an email with your tickets, but all invoices can be viewed on the orders tab of the ticket wallet.
- If I forget my password can SkyBus resend it.
- Your password is encrypted so can never be viewed by SkyBus. You can reset your password using the forgot password link on the sign in page of the app. This will send a reset link to the email address you used when creating your account.
- Does the SkyBus app store my credit card information?
- SkyBus does not store any credit card information. When using the SkyBus app, our payment provider uses a method called tokenized payments which replaces the sensitive card details with an algorithm called a token. The token enables recurring payments., meaning the token is available each time you try to make a purchase.
- How can I provide feedback on the SkyBus app?
- We would love to hear your feedback on the SkyBus app, including any suggestions for future app releases. Feedback can be sent directly from the app from the setting menu by selecting feedback.
Or send via email to email@example.com